EMU’s chemistry curriculum is designed to provide a solid foundation in the major areas of chemistry – organic, inorganic, analytical, physical and biological chemistry.
An additional aim is to provide the opportunity for research experience for the student majoring in chemistry. Students may compete for Kauffman-Miller Research Awards, up to for $2500 for summer research supervised by EMU faculty.
Thus, EMU chemistry provides a broad chemical background suitable for entry into a wide variety of career options- from industrial plastics chemist to pharmaceutical technician- and a solid preparation for study at the graduate level in chemistry, biochemistry, or related area.
- Prospective students may be eligible for the EMU STEM Scholars Engaging in Local Problems (SSELP) grant, up to $10,000. Learn more about departmental scholarships.
- EMU has offered close to $1 million in academic merit scholarships collectively to students with outstanding academic achievement.
- Academic scholarships range from $12,000 to $20,000 per year and are renewable for four years depending on academic performance.
- EMU students are eligible for Pell Grants and Federal Need-Based Grants as well as student loans.
- Virginia students may be eligible for a Virginia Tuition Assistance Grant (VTAG).
- Learn more by contacting EMU's Financial Assistance Office or checking out our cost of attendance calculator.