EMU Biology and Chemistry Departments Mission Statement
The EMU Biology and Chemistry Departments are dedicated to
1) being an academically excellent learning community, focused on strong academic programs in biology, chemistry, biochemistry, and environmental science.
2) preparing knowledgeable, capable, caring, reflective and globally-aware scientists.
3) learning with our students through rigorous scholarly inquiry, research and community service projects.
4) contributing to the milieu of a cohesive and supportive community of scientific scholars that integrates Christian values within disciplinary activities.
5) working to build an informed citizenry within the broader community (both on and off of campus) in relation to the role of science in society.