EMU's, brand new, specialized HR leadership program
The Master's in Human Resources, launched in August 2022, is designed for working professionals who want to shift to an HR career track, or for current HR professionals who want to develop their effectiveness as organizational leaders.
Why our program?
Let us help you become a leader in your organization by focusing on:
- Common Good Leadership: Leaders should serve as an ethical leader in their organizations in responding to and supporting employee, organizational, societal and ecological well-being.
- Executive Presence: Human resource professionals should be distinctive leaders.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: Leaders have a responsibility to create inclusive organizations that promote individual dignity and success, affirm personal identities and solve systematic barriers to employment.
- Trauma Awareness and Resilience: Leaders create organizations that are safe, trustworthy, collaborative and empowering for employees.
Designed for the working professional
We recognize our students are busy, working professionals.
- Evening online synchronous courses
- 30 semester hour program
- Study year-round and complete the program in 21 months
Admission Process and Criteria
All applicants are requested to provide the following documents and information:
- A completed MA in Human Resources application with a non-refundable $50 application fee.
- Official transcripts listing all college or university courses taken.
- Two letters of reference from people who are in a position to judge your potential as a graduate student. At least one reference should come from an employer.
- Applicants must hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0* on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicants will have a personal interview with the director of the MA in Human Resources program.
*Students with below a 3.0 undergraduate GPA can be considered on an individual basis for admission based on work history and other demonstrations of ability to handle graduate level work.
Cost and Financial Aid
Current tuition and fees are listed on business office website. Financial assistance is available.
- Contact EMU’s MA in Human Resources program administrators for their help in exploring an employee assistance package with your employer, if your HR department doesn’t already have one.
- You may also search for scholarships using the Sallie Mae Graduate School Scholarship search.
- Check out the EMU financial aid office pages for additional forms and resources.