We are here to care for you and help you care for yourself.
What you need to know
Important!: Student health evaluation forms are required for registration (Due June 15)
EMU Health Services is open during the academic year when classes are in session.
- Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Appointments must be scheduled for all visits. Call 540-432-4308 (x4308 on campus) or stop by Health Services to schedule.
In case of emergency- Dial 911
Or visit/call the following:
Sentara RMH Emergency Department
2010 Health Campus Drive
343 Neff Avenue, Suite C
1840 East Market Street
Valley Urgent Care
119B University Boulevard
We are located in the 2nd Level of the University CommonsWellness SuiteRoom #240To get to Health Services: Enter the Student Life Suite - walk through the Student Life Suite and follow the signs to the "Wellness Suite"Call: 540-432-4308 if you have difficulty finding us.
EMU health services directly bills students’ insurance companies.
At the time of service
- provide your insurance card
- pay the co-pay that is associated with their insurance provider. Co-pays may be paid in either cash, check or with a credit/debit card. Student accounts are not charged.
- Individuals without insurance need to pay at the time of service by cash, check, or credit/debit card.
Students need to bring their health insurance card to every Health Center appointment.
Call 540-432-4308 (x4308 on campus) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or to make an appointment.
Nurse Call Line
Not sure if you need to be seen or have questions you would like to discuss with a nurse?
Call 540-432-4302. Phone calls will be returned during office hours.
- Acute illness – diagnosis and treatment
- Prevention and wellness – counseling and treatment
- Physicals: annual, women’s health, sports, nursing and pre-employment
- Allergy shots
- Referrals to local specialists
- TB screening and testing
- Cross-cultural consultations/immunizations
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis A
- Human Papillomavirus (HPV)
- Typhoid (oral or injectable)
- More info on immunizations…
- Blood glucose
- PAP smear
- STI screening
- Titer for immunization
- Phlebotomy/collection services provided for additional lab tests