You've got the skills to be a manager. Now, find your voice to lead.
The Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership (MAOL) program empowers mid-career professionals with the skills and training necessary to lead within complex, diverse organizations.
Why our program?
We know that leadership in organizations is about you. Our program is designed to make you the best leader you can be.
- Develop self-awareness and your own leadership style
- Learn conflict transformation techniques, strategic planning skills and financial management
- Refine your individual and team leadership skills
- Learn to identify and nurture the gifts of others
- Receive mentoring with an experienced professional
- Ready to launch something new? The EMU Center for Innovation and Leadership (CIL) can provide you with mentoring, strategic planning and consulting resources.
Designed for your life
We recognize that our students are busy, working professionals.
- Evening (6 PM - 10 PM) online classes
- 35 semester hour program
- Study year-round and complete the program in 24 months
Admission Process and Criteria
All applicants are requested to provide the following documents and information:
- A completed MA in organizational leadership application with a non-refundable $50 application fee.
- Official transcripts listing all college or university courses taken.
- Two letters of reference from people who are in a position to judge your potential as a graduate student. At least one reference should come from an employer.
- Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicant should be able to identify their specific leadership experiences in supervisory or group settings and describe their individual style, strengths, and opportunities for growth.
- An interview with the director of the Master of Organizational Leadership program.
Current tuition and fees are listed on business office website
Financial assistance is available.
- Contact EMU’s MA in organizational leadership program administrators for their help in exploring an employee assistance package with your employer, if your HR department doesn’t already have one.
- You may also search for scholarships using the Sallie Mae Graduate School Scholarship search.
- Check out the EMU financial aid office pages for additional forms and resources.