About Business and Leadership Studies
In our program you will learn that business can:
- be foundational to peacebuilding
- work for fairness and justice
- value people
- be service
- responsibly steward resources
- be interdisciplinary
- have a global perspective
You will learn to run, manage and promote businesses that work for the good of all. You will gain practical skills for successful management in a variety of organizations.
Developing effective leaders and managers
Our curriculum is focused on developing values, skills, and knowledge. You will develop a sense of integrity, fairness, and stewardship of resources. You will gain an understanding of business as a service profession that is critical to God’s care for humankind.
Our professors will enable you to:
- lead and to manage effectively
- think critically and to apply effective problem-solving methodologies
- communicate clearly both orally and in writing
- work collaboratively in diverse settings
- apply financial statement analysis to the stewardship of organizational resources
- use information technology in order to further organizational objectives
Interships, case studies, special projects, simulations and field experience is a part of many of your classes at EMU. You'll gain professional experience and learn skills from real-world situations in your classes.