Business and Economics
At EMU we prepare you to be successful, to promote the common good and to be an active leader in today’s marketplace. Our professors will help you increase your business knowledge, learn important hands-on skills, and develop a values-based approach to business and management.
Our graduates understand the value of people in business, and know how important meeting economic need is to the state of the world and the peacebuilding process. We’re committed to excellence, ethics and social justice, and we encourage study across disciplines, a focus on sustainability, and the development of a global perspective. At EMU you’ll:
- study in a cross-cultural setting
- consider sustainability and stewardship in decision-making
- collaborate on original research with faculty with industry experience
- put your classroom learning to use in off campus internships
- learn to work effectively in teams and hone communication and financial skills
- learn from professors who’ve lived and worked internationally
98% of job-seeking students were employed within a year of graduation. EMU business alumni consistently rank high on nationally standardized business exams, with many pursuing graduate degrees in their majors.
A new study suggests that business administration is one of the five most employable majors. Read the article here.
- February 15th, 2017
Experts broadly agree that mosquito nets are one of the best tools in the fight against malaria, to which the World Health Organization attributes hundreds of millions of illnesses each … read more
- February 13th, 2017
Alumna Claudette Monroy ‘10 made Washington Post front-page news on Feb. 8, sharing her story among the 11 million undocumented immigrants who are waiting and watching as President Donald Trump … read more