Business and Economics
- Senior accounting and economics major Ryan Thomas applies his classroom knowledge to his role as Financial Manager at Common Grounds, the on-campus coffee house
- EMU business alumni are leaders in their fields
- Student interns put learning into practice
- Official Facebook of EMU Business & Economics
Stay Connected to EMU
At EMU we prepare you to be successful, to promote the common good and to be an active leader in today’s marketplace. Our professors will help you increase your business knowledge, learn important hands-on skills, and develop a values-based approach to business and management.
Our graduates understand the value of people in business, and know how important meeting economic need is to the state of the world and the peacebuilding process. We’re committed to excellence, ethics and social justice, and we encourage study across disciplines, a focus on sustainability, and the development of a global perspective. At EMU you’ll:
- study in a cross-cultural setting
- consider sustainability and stewardship in decision-making
- collaborate on original research with faculty with industry experience
- put your classroom learning to use in off campus internships
- learn to work effectively in teams and hone communication and financial skills
- learn from professors who’ve lived and worked internationally
98% of job-seeking students were employed within a year of graduation. EMU business alumni consistently rank high on nationally standardized business exams, with many pursuing graduate degrees in their majors.
A new study suggests that business administration is one of the five most employable majors. Read the article here.
- June 28th, 2017
Jessica King ’96, the executive director of ASSETS, is taking a leave of absence to seek a seat in the U.S. House of Representatives’ 16th Congressional District. … read more
- June 12th, 2017
Matt Gnagey, now an assistant professor at Weber State (Ogden, Utah), graduated from Eastern Mennonite University in 2005, majoring in economics and justice, peace and conflict studies. He received his … read more