2nd Degree Program (4 semesters)
If you have decided you want to change to a career in nursing and you want a more traditional university experience, with four semesters of courses and summers off, our four semester second degree nursing program is for you.
In just two years you will complete the requirements and gain experience in a variety of clinical settings to help you become a successful nurse.
- Faculty mentoring
- Experience in a variety of clinical settings
- EMU nurses learn to care for the whole person, family and community
- You will develop your own personal art of nursing, understand important and sacred moments and places, and respect for all people.
In addition to clinical nursing courses, second degree students will need to complete the following EMUcore curriculum courses:
- Cross-cultural designate courses (may be transferred or satisfied by previous course work) (6 SH)
- An Anabaptist Biblical Perspectives (ABP) course (3 SH)(only offered at EMU)
- A senior seminar course (2 SH)(only offered at EMU)
- View or download the curriculum plan for the 4 semester second degree (pdf)
The nursing department reserves the right to adjust the current admission criteria when outcome assessment data demonstrates the need for such changes.