EMU's STEM and teacher education programs uniquely prepare you to teach STEM in middle school or high school. You'll get all the benefits of our great STEM programs AND our nationally accredited teacher education program.
Why STEM education at EMU?
- Get classroom experience within the first 5 weeks of the program.
- Explore you STEM passions in our hands-on, unique laboratories.
- Be mentored by PhD-level faculty who model excellent teaching.
- Field experience and laboratory experience is embedded throughout our programs.
- Guidance in gaining a teaching liscense in Virginia or another state.
- Declare an education major as an incoming student and you may be eligible for a $3,000 renewable scholarship.
- In your junior year, you will be eligible to apply for selection as a Noyce Scholar. This is an annual scholarship of $10,000 or more during their junior and senior years.