Tuition and Fees for International Students
Tuition: $7,495 per semester (Tuition covers classes, textbooks, and a Chromebook)
It is EMU's policy that full-time single students must live on campus unless they meet one of the following criteria:
- are 21 years of age prior to September 1 of the semester enrolling and have earned a total of 90 semester hours
- are 23 years of age prior to September 1 of the semester, regardless of credit hours
- are living with parents, spouse or legal guardians, written permission from these persons is required
- need to reserve an off-campus apartment due to marriage plans within a semester
- require specialized care prescribed by a medical doctor
For more policy information, see: https://www.emu.edu/
Payments and Insurance
- A non-refundable $250 deposit is due to the Business Office before assessment day. The $250 will go toward your tuition. You must pay the remainder of your tuition within the first two weeks of classes (more information).
- Show proof of medical insurance coverage or be prepared to purchase EMU’s student health insurance. Health insurance coverage is required for all international students.
If, after registering, you decide to drop one or all of your courses, you must notify the IEP Office Coordinator within two weeks of the first day of class. If you do this, you will get a full refund (excluding the $250 deposit).
If you notify the IEP Office Coordinator within three weeks of the first day of class, you will get a 75% refund. If you notify the IEP Office Coordinator within four weeks of the first day of class, you will get a 50% refund. If you notify the IEP Office Coordinator within five weeks of the first day of class, you will get a 25% refund.
After five weeks have passed since the first day of class, you will not receive a refund and the full tuition will be due. The $250 deposit is completely non-refundable.
Transportation from the Airport
Tuition covers the cost of one airport pickup. Additional airport pickups are at the student’s expense. Arrange flights to arrive at Dulles International Airport (Washington, D.C.), Washington Reagan National Airport, Charlottesville (Virginia) Regional Airport, or Shenandoah Valley Regional Airport (Weyers Cave, Virginia).
Costs for additional airport pickups are $150 for Dulles or Washington Reagan, $90 for Charlottesville and $25 for Shenandoah Valley.
Students needing to arrive earlier than dormitories are open should inform us so we may make special arrangements for accommodations.