Tuition and Fees for International Students
Tuition: $7,495 per semester (Tuition covers classes and textbooks)
It is EMU's policy that full-time single students must live on campus unless they meet one of the following criteria:
- are 21 years of age prior to September 1 of the semester enrolling and have earned a total of 90 semester hours
- are 23 years of age prior to September 1 of the semester, regardless of credit hours
- are living with parents, spouse or legal guardians, written permission from these persons is required
- need to reserve an off-campus apartment due to marriage plans within a semester
- require specialized care prescribed by a medical doctor
For more policy information, see: https://www.emu.edu/
Payments and Insurance
- A $250 deposit is required to issue an I-20 for your visa application.
- The $250 will go toward your tuition and is non-refundable unless you do not receive a visa. You must pay the remainder of your tuition 30 days after you receive your visa, before coming to the U.S. (more information)
- Show proof of medical insurance coverage or be prepared to purchase EMU’s student health insurance. Health insurance coverage is required for all international students.
Students must pay a non-refundable $250 deposit in order to register for classes.
After one week from the first day of classes, students may receive a prorated refund if they drop classes before the 2/3 mark of the semester. To receive this refund, students must:
- Have a legitimate health issue or family care responsibility that cannot be changed and directly conflicts with class attendance (conflicts with non-IEP classes or work schedules do not count)
- Provide official documentation of attendance conflict
- Have already paid their tuition for the semester
- Pay an additional late-drop fee of 20% of class tuition per dropped class (which will be deducted from tuition already paid)
If students have not paid their tuition at the time they drop classes, they still must pay for the classes they have enrolled in to that point plus the 20% late-drop fee per class.
Transportation from the Airport
Tuition covers the cost of one airport pickup. Additional airport pickups are at the student’s expense. Arrange flights to arrive at Dulles International Airport (Washington, D.C.), Washington Reagan National Airport, Charlottesville (Virginia) Regional Airport, or Shenandoah Valley Regional Airport (Weyers Cave, Virginia).
Costs for additional airport pickups are $150 for Dulles or Washington Reagan, $90 for Charlottesville and $25 for Shenandoah Valley.
Students needing to arrive earlier than dormitories are open should inform us so we may make special arrangements for accommodations.