General Payment Information
Fall 2023 semester tuition, room and board less process financial aid is due by July 22, 2023.
Spring 2024 semester tuition, room and board less process financial aid is due by January 3, 2024.
Tuition, room and board charges, less processed financial aid, are due one week before classes begin for each semester. Unpaid accounts may be subject to the following:
- EMU Partial network access for student-owned computers will be denied
- Charging at Common Grounds will be denied
- Grades, transcripts, enrollment, class attendance and diploma will be denied
- Monthly finance charge of 1.5% (18% annually)
- Credit bureau reporting
- Collection and/or attorney fees necessary for collection of unpaid debts
To pay online log on to my.emu.edu and follow the link to view your EMU account online under the accounts tab. Parents/Authorized Payers with pin numbers visit EMU account online to make a payment.
- EMU offers a student payment plan through Transact. There is a $35 per semester fee
for the payment plan. To enroll please login to my.emu.edu and click on “View my EMU Account Online” under the Accounts tab. Then follow the steps to enroll in the payment
- With Transact you may use major credit cards. There is a convenience fee for this service. You may also make direct payments from your checking account for no additional charge.
Payment Methods Accepted
- EMU’s preferred method of payment is online, students login to your my.emu.edu to view your “EMU Account Online” (link located under the accounts tab.) Parents with pin numbers (set up by their student) and authorized payers pay online here.
- EMU also accepts cash, personal checks, cashiers checks, credit cards, and money orders for payments on student accounts. There is a 3% convenience fee (minimum $1.00 fee) for paying with a credit card.
- EMU has partnered with flywire to streamline the tuition payment process for our international students. With Flywire, you can pay from any country and any bank. You are offered excellent foreign exchange rates, allowing you to pay in your home currency (in most cases) and save a significant amount of money, as compared to traditional banks. You will also be able to track where your payment is in the transfer process via a student dashboard and an email confirmation will be sent to you when your payment is received by the school.