Health Insurance 2017-18
EMU offers a health insurance plan through Gallagher Student Health. Health insurance is an EMU requirement for full-time undergraduate, full-time CJP, full-time seminary, and all international students. The Gallagher Student Health insurance plan is only available to those student groups.
New Spring semester students who have been charged the health insurance and already have active and comparable coverage have the option of waiving the offered insurance. This waiver must be completed by January 29, 2018. The mandatory insurance waiver form allows the plan to be offered at a lower premium cost than would be possible without this requirement. Information about the plan is available through Gallagher Student Health’s website or calling their toll-free number at 1-877-220-6366.
2017-18 Health Insurance Charges
Full Year Rate
- Undergraduate Student: $2,341.00
- Graduate Student: $3,194.00
Spring Semester Rate
- Undergraduate Student: $1,360.00
- Graduate Student: $1,856.00
Open enrollment for Spring semester will begin December 4, 2017.
Once you have enrolled in the health insurance plan you will receive an email of welcome.
To access your ID card:
1. Go to www.gallagherstudent.com/emu
2. On the left toolbar, click ‘Account Home’.
3. Log in (if you haven’t already).
4. On the left toolbar, under ‘My Account’, click on ‘Authorize Account’.
5. Enter your Student ID number and your date of birth.
6. Click on ‘Authorize Account’.
7. You will be redirected to the ‘Account Home’ page, then click on ‘Generate ID Card’ under ‘Coverage History’.
PARENTS/Guardians: PLEASE NOTIFY YOUR HEALTH INSURANCE COMPANY that your son/daughter will be a full time student at Eastern Mennonite University in Harrisonburg, VA- BEFORE arriving on campus. This will confirm whether your son/daughter will be covered while at EMU.