Aviation Open House
Thursday, October 22, 2020
Stop by the Aero-Tech Services, Inc. facility on Thursday, October 22, from 4:30 - 6:30 p.m. Explore a career in aviation and how our degree in Leadership & Organizational Management with an Aviation Concentration can position you for a job within the changing landscape of the aviation industry. We collaborate with Aero-Tech Services, Inc., an FAA-approved Part 141 Pilot School, to provide ground and pilot training. Flight training occurs at the Aero-Tech facility at Lancaster Airport. EMU's partnership with this specialized training provider represents an integrated and collaborative approach to the delivery of a collegiate aviation program.
New Program Developments
- In September, Aero-Tech Services, took delivery of a brand-new 2020 Cessna 172 Skyhawk, in which our Aviation students will train. It is equipped with the Garmin G-1000 advanced-technology cockpit instrumentation system.
- Graduates of EMU's Aviation Program will now have a Multi-engine Rating on their Commercial Pilot Certificate. They will train for this in Aero-Tech Services' recently acquired Grumman Cougar twin-engine airplane.
- EMU's Aviation students also train in Aero-Tech's Redbird flight simulator. This sophisticated high-fidelity motion device can be reconfigured to simulate the different types of aircraft in which our students train in the course of their curriculum at EMU.
Please contact Lisa Campbell at 717-690-8600 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions that you may have. If you cannot attend the Open House, let us know, we can schedule a time to meet with you.
Where: Aero-Tech Services, Inc. 500-P Airport Road , Lititz, PA 17543 - Directions
When: Thursday, October 22
Time: 4:30 - 6:30 p.m.
Note: COVID-19 safety protocols will be observed. A mask is required during the event as well as the practice of social or physical distancing, in both the hanger and outdoor spaces. Upon entry to the event, temperature taking and screening protocols will be conducted. Please dress for the weather, the hanger door will be open.
4:30 - 6:30 p.m. - Informal Meet & Greet (Check out the new 2020 Cessna 172 Skyhawk and the Grumman
Cougar twin-engine airplane)
5:00 p.m. & 6:00 p.m. - Brief overview of our Aviation Program
- John Sibole, EMU Director of Aviation
- Zach Hurst, Chief Flight Instructor, Aero-Tech Services
- Meet our team of flight instructors, Aero-Tech Services
- Lisa Campbell, EMU Enrollment Counselor
- Talk with some of our students pursuing the aviation concentration at EMU