CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT
CNAs are essential healthcare team members, performing many primary nursing duties under the supervision of a licensed practical nurse (LPN) or registered nurse (RN). In an entry-level nursing position, nursing assistants must complete an approved Nurse Aide Training Program and pass their state certification exam before beginning work in long-term care facilities, nursing homes, and hospitals. Completing this course prepares you to take the Pennsylvania Nurse Aide Competency Exam to enroll in the Nurse Aide Registry for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. You will also receive a certificate of completion from EMU.
- Provides hands-on care to residents as written on the Resident Service Plan and Support Plan.
- Observes and report all pertinent information, including vital signs, abnormal conditions, and changes from previous conditions to the Charge Nurse.
- Responds to resident call bells and alarms and support the residents within their scope of practice.
- Keeps assignments, routines, and support plans up-to-date.
- Assists residents with dining and tray delivery and offers nourishments/liquids to residents at mealtime, between meals, and when needed.
- Maintains resident rooms, support centers, and living rooms neat and orderly.
- Uses equipment properly, keeping it clean and in the proper place.
- Has and maintains current CPR certification.
- Maintains First Aid Certification
2023 Training Dates
January 16 - February 24
March 13 - April 21
Where: EMU at Lancaster 1846 Charter Lane Lancaster, PA (Located within the Greenfield Corporate Center)
Program length: Six weeks on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
Cost: $1400 including textbooks*
Students must purchase solid blue scrubs for labs and clinicals.
Training to become a CNA includes:
- Classroom instruction 3 days a week, 3:00-10:30pm (7.5 hrs/day)
- Job readiness and clinical training
- Job placement assistance
*We currently have agreements with the following long-term facilities below to provide clinical training. For more information about the program please complete our inquiry form.