LOM Aviation Concentration Admission Requirements

 1. LOM with Aviation Concentration applicants may transfer credits from other schools or colleges, which includes up to 30 semester hours for aviation certificates or ratings earned through qualified Part 141 schools.*  An enrollment counselor will work with applicants to develop an individualized academic plan for degree completion.  

a. Credit (up to 30 hours) may be transferred from accredited technical, community, or four-year institutions. A portfolio that documents professional schools and training in addition to life learning experiences may be submitted to Eastern Mennonite University faculty for evaluation and awarding of semester hour credit (up to 20 hours). 

b. College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) or DSST (formerly Defense Activity for Nontraditional Students or DANTES) testing is also an alternative to obtain credit.  

2. A cumulative GPA of 2.0 or above for applicants who have completed a minimum of 20 semester hours of college-level coursework. If that minimum has not been met, applicants may demonstrate a high school diploma with 2.6 GPA or GED equivalency and SAT (980 combined score) or ACT (19 composite score).  

3. Current employment or regular volunteer role (internship, volunteer, or mentee) with an organization that enhances the learning outcomes of the program. 

4. Submission of a satisfactory writing sample .

5. Admissions Interview. 

* Private licensure may be transferred. Commercial and Instrument training must be from a Part 141 Collegiate Aviation Program with a letter of authorization from the FAA to have the reduced ATP hour minimum.


LOM with Aviation Concentration Admission Prerequisites

The following prerequisites are required for admission to the LOM with Aviation program at EMU: 

FAA Medical Certificate
A medical certificate from an FAA approved medical doctor is required. You must make an appointment with an Aviation Medical Examiner (AME) to get either a second class or first class medical. An Enrollment Counselor will share the names of qualified physicians in your area. You can also use the FAA’s Find an Aviation Medical Examiner (AME). In addition, the FAA requires that each student be able to read, speak, write, and understand the English language, and be 16 years old to solo, and 17 years old to gain certification. 

Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
You must provide proof of U.S. citizenship. EMU will verify citizenship with an original birth certificate and a current driver’s license or a current passport. Original documents will be returned. Non-US citizens must register with the TSA. This can be done online at https://www.flightschoolcandidates.gov/ and takes approximately 1-2 weeks to receive final approval.


Lancaster Spotlight

Latest News

  • Loading...


  • Loading...