Print Header Logo


Three Steps to Complete EMU’s Teacher Education Program

You can declare an education major as soon as you begin college, but by your sophomore year you must apply for admission to the formal education program by November 30 of the sophomore year or junior year for transfer students. Here is step one.

Your junior year you apply for admission to student teaching.

Here are the final steps for students ready to complete the program. All the requirements for getting a teaching license in Virginia are embedded within the education program.

After you get a Virginia teaching license you can use this to obtain a license in another state. There may be other requirements in other states so working with your advisor is very important.