Graduate Admission

Application procedures described below are for graduate programs- masters degrees and graduate certificates- at the Center for Justice and Peacebuilding.  CJP works with a rolling admissions process.

Who Can Apply

  • Applicants with an Undergraduate degree*.
  • Preference is given to those with at least two years of experience in mediation, community development or relief work, advocacy, restorative justice, working with traumatized populations or related areas.  If you want the practical tools and knowledge to help create a more just and equitable world but have been working in an unrelated field, please contact the Admissions Director so we can have a conversation about how our programs might meet your goals. Email the Admissions Director at
  • Applicants should have an undergraduate GPA of at least 2.75 (on a four-point scale). However, those who do not meet that criteria, but, have extensive experience in the peacebuilding field, are encouraged to apply; if all other admissions requirements are met, the applicant may be conditionally admitted. If the student earns a 3.0 GPA in the first semester of studies, the student’s probation status is removed and will be considered fully admitted.

* In exceptional cases admission may be granted to applicants who meet qualifications for a rarely awarded non-Baccalaureate admission. This is typically done for applicants who have extensive experience in the field and whose undergraduate studies were disrupted by violence.

Admission Process


EMU owns several rental apartment complexes that are available to students on a first-come, first-served basis.  A few have been set aside for Graduate students. If you wish to get into one of these units, please submit the request form by April 1. Rental rates are competitively priced, if not lower than most, and include some utilities (at least water, sewer and trash). 

Text Here...
visit graphicVisit
apply graphicApply