Admission to SPI 2021
Winter SPI Session!
We are currently accepting SPI applications for an ONLINE winter session that will run February 15 - March 19, 2021! The deadline to submit an application for the winter session is February 8, 2021.
May and June 2021 Courses Move Online
SPI 2021 will be held online. Due to the unknowns both of the COVID-19 pandemic and the vaccine schedule, we have realized that it would be very difficult to safely hold SPI in person this year. We are currently working on a schedule of courses for our May/June online session and will have that information available for you very soon.
Submitting an Application
Participants are admitted on a rolling basis and may be admitted up to one week before the beginning of courses, as space permits.
- Courses will run as a 5-week term from February 15 - March 19, 2021
- Participants will need to be available for ALL synchronous (live teaching) sessions
- Professional Development: $775 per course
Criteria for Admission
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- A secondary school diploma and at least two years of university or equivalent work experience
- Clearly conceived goals and objectives for applying the learnings of SPI to a specific setting or program and a commitment to join efforts with others working for peace and justice
How It Works
SPI Online courses will meet in real time, live (synchronous) sessions in short blocks of time once or twice weekly.
To participate in SPI Online, you will need (at a minimum):
· A computer or mobile device with a camera, microphone, and speakers
· A headset with microphone is useful (but not required) for this purpose and to cut down on background noise
· A strong enough internet connection to connect to Zoom (click here for Zoom technical specifications)
· The ability to access and download documents from and upload documents to the online learning platform at EMU (Moodle)
· The ability to stream videos posted by faculty members and classmates.
Synchronous Learning: Participants engage in learning simultaneously, often through a live stream web conferencing tool. This could take place as live lectures, interactive group discussions, etc.
Asynchronous Learning: Participants engage in learning via resources (videos, books, articles, etc) on their own time.
Application: My Forms Account
The online application form requires you to create a My Forms account. This allows you to save the application form and finish it later if you are unable to complete it in one sitting.