Study Peace and Social Justice at EMU
Faith, justice and peace perspectives are woven into all disciplines at EMU.
We equip students to transform lives and organizations with academic and in-the-field training. Our international network of alumni is focused on healing harms and building peace.
Core values such as awareness of other cultures, sustainability, community and peacebuilding are an important part of life at EMU, a university in the Anabaptist-Mennonite peace church tradition.
Undergraduate Programs in Social Justice and Peace Studies
- Peacebuilding and development
- Global Development
- Bible, Religion and Theology
- Criminology and Restorative Justice minor
Graduate Programs and Professional Training in Peacebuilding, Restorative Justice and Trauma Resilience
- MA in Education- Restorative Justice Concentration
- MA in Restorative Justice (Center for Justice and Peacebuilding)
- MA in Conflict Transformation (Center for Justice and Peacebuilding)
- STAR (Strategies for Trauma and Resilience)
- MA in Education- Diverse Needs: Trauma and Resilience in Educational Environments
- Education Certificate- Trauma and Resilience in Educational Environments
- Master of Divinity and MA in Conflict Transformation Dual Degree
- Master of Divinity and MA in Restorative Justice Dual Degree
- Zehr Institute (webinars in Restorative Justice)
Network of Passionate Alumni
EMU alumni all over the globe work passionately to transform organizations and create people-to-people connections in their workplaces and in their own businesses, churches, communities, families and workplaces. Many work with organizations such as World Vision, Amnesty International, Oxfam, Mennonite Central Committee, and Heifer Project International. Read more in our alumni magazines…
Crossroads, EMU’s Alumni Magazine Peacebuilder, CJP’s Alumni Magazine