As a caring teacher, counselor, or administrator, you are the first responder to trauma and trauma-responses your students experience. Our fully online Master's Degree in Education with a concentration in Trauma and Resilience in Educational Environments will help you respond. Our experienced professors and collaborative classroom environment can enhance your skills to respond effectively to your students and build relationships that enhance learning. We also offer an online Graduate Certificate in Trauma and Resilience in Educational Environments (15 credits)
Courses are delivered fully online. Some low residency options are also available at our Lancaster, Pa site each summer for those who prefer some face-to-face class time.
MA in Education: Trauma and Resilience in Educational Environments (36 credits)
Program core (15 credits)
- EDCC 501: Creating Cultures of Change (3)
- EDCC 521: Peacebuilding and Conflict Transformation (3)
- EDCC 531: Social and Ethical Issues in Education (3)
- EDCC 551: Action Research in Educational Settings (3)
- EDPC 611: Action Research Project: Trauma and Resilience (3)
Concentration area courses (12 credits)
- *EDDA 571: Trauma, Restoration, and Resilience in Educational Environments (3)
- EDDA 631: Research in Risk and Resilience (3) Prerequisite: EDDA 571 or director approval
- EDDA 541: Self-Care and Resilience for Educators (3)
- EDCI 561 Neuro-Education: Brain Research, Trauma, and Learning (3) Prerequisite: EDDA 571 or director approval
* This course should be the initial course in the program.
Elective courses (9 credits)
9 Credit Hours to be selected from the following or other approved courses by adviser.
- EDCI 511: Teaming and Collaboration (3)
- EDRJ 551: Foundations of Restorative Justice in Education (3)
- EDDA 501: Fostering Resilience Through School and Community Partnerships (3)
- EDDA 511: Teaching Diverse Learners (3)
- EDSL 581: Language and Culture (3)
- EDRJ 581: Analyzing Conflict in Educational Settings (3)
- EDRJ 621: RJE Principles and Practices for Schools (Prerequisite: EDRJ 551) (3)
- EDRJ 601: Facilitating Circle Processes (3)
Trauma and Resilience in Educational Environments: Also offered as a Graduate Certificate
To apply to the Master's Degree in Education with a concentration in Trauma and Resilience in Educational Environments, see the Admissions process outlined on the admissions page.
If you are not sure where to start, contact us at email@example.com. You can also call us toll free at: (866) 368-5262. We are happy to help.