President Huxman addresses the Business & Professional Club at their annual breakfast during Inauguration 2017
Harrisonburg-Rockingham Business & Professional Club
EMU appreciates the mutually beneficial partnership that results when individuals and organizations join the Business and Professional Club.
More than 110 Valley businesses financially support students to complete degrees at EMU. With this support, EMU is able to fulfill its mission, preparing graduates to serve and lead with distinction in our local community and around the world.
In turn, area professionals and businesses benefit from the healthy EMU campus as students, faculty, staff, and alumni purchase products and services, work, and volunteer in our local community.
Opportunities for B&P Club members
- Enjoy networking with community and business leaders, business faculty, and EMU administration.
- Meet prospective employees by offering student internships and supporting student research.
- Increase exposure for your business website by having your business listed on EMU’s B&P web page.
- Increase your business exposure through EMU’s annual recognition of your business in local media.
- Gain exposure and teach future leaders by serving as a guest speaker in EMU classes.
- Gain satisfaction by supporting a university that trains leaders to serve ethically and with competence in our community.
EMU’s Business Impact
Shenandoah Valley businesses have benefited for nearly two decades by supporting employees who study in EMU’s Adult Degree Completion Program and are equipped with communication, team-work and leadership skills.
Other premiere EMU programs like business and economics and the MBA provide local companies with employees grounded in strong business and ethical practice skill-sets that contribute to increased company profitability, making a difference for many in our community.
EMU has also prepared some of the area’s best doctors and healthcare workers, leaders in conflict transformation, educators, business leaders, social service/community leaders and pastors.
Current members of the EMU B&P Club
- A M Yoder & Co.
- Bank of the James
- Beck Builders
- Bergey Financial
- Blauch Brothers, Inc.
- Blue Ridge Architects PC
- Campbell Insurance
- Clark & Bradshaw PC
- Colman Engineering
- ColorQuest LLC
- Commonwealth Pizza, Inc.
- Cross Tours & Motor Coach, Inc
- CT Assist
- Don Largent Roofing, Inc.
- Endless Horizons Inc.
- Excel Heating & Cooling
- Excel Steel Works, Inc.
- F&M Bank
- Fieldcrest Electric
- Frazier Quarry Inc.
- Funkhouser Real Estate Group
- Gaines Group
- Good Wealth Management
- Green Hill Solar
- Hampton Inn & Suites Woodstock
- Harman Construction Inc.
- Holtzman Corporation
- Howell Metal
- InterChange Group Inc.
- Jess's Lunch No. 2
- Kline May Realty
- Kline's Dairy Bar
- Kyger Funeral Homes
- LD&B Insurance Agency
- Martin, Beachy & Arehart PLLC
- McDonough Toyota
- Medicap Pharmacy
- Momentum Earthworks
- Paradise Energy Solutions
- Park View Federal Credit Union
- PBMares LLP
- Pepsi-Cola Bottling Company
- Rockingham Cooperative Farm Bureau, Inc.
- Secure Futures
- Sentara RMH Medical Center
- Spectrum Transformation Group
- Troyer Construction, Inc
- Trumbo Electric Inc.
- Virginia Mennonite Retirement Community
- Weaver’s Floor Covering
- Welby Showalter, Attorney at Law
- Wharton Aldhizer & Weaver
Join the EMU B&P Club
To become a member of the Business & Professional Club, give $1,000 or more annually to the University Fund and support the EMU mission to serve students, the community of learning, the community of faith and the world.
Contact Braydon Hoover, associate director of development at 540-432-4069 or firstname.lastname@example.org