This fully-online graduate certificate is designed to educate and support nurses and other allied healthcare professionals
and staff who are increasingly confronted by trauma's impact on routine patient or
client care. Advanced education in trauma and resilience will give staff the ability
to recognize a traumatized patient or client and develop a care plan that matches
the specific needs of the client.
Our experienced professors and collaborative online classroom environment can enhance your skills to respond effectively to your patients and build relationships that enhance patient care.
Graduate Certificate: Trauma and Resilience in Healthcare Settings (15 credits)
To qualify for the graduate certificate in Trauma and Resilience in Healthcare Settings, candidates must complete fifteen required credit hours. Courses in this program can be taken in any order or as a stand-alone. In addition, coursework from the TRHS Certificate can be used toward an MSN in Leadership for Trauma Awareness & Resilience.
- Recognize signs of trauma in patient/client care
- Develop care plans that meet the needs of the patient/client
- Utilize trauma-informed strategies in the course of routine patient/client care
- Enhance well-being of staff and clients you serve
- Build resilience to mitigate secondary trauma in the workplace
This is a one-year course of study. Start this Spring!
SPRING - 2023
- Self-Care and Resilience for Healthcare Providers
- Trauma-Informed Strategies for Healthcare Providers
SUMMER - 2023
- Research in Risk and Resilience
FALL - 2023
- Trauma, Restoration, and Resilience in Healthcare
- The Neurobiology of Trauma, Resilience, and Well-Being
Note: Each course lasts 7-8 weeks and is three credits
Trauma, Restoration and Resilience in Healthcare
The Neurobiology of Trauma, Resilience, and Well-Being
Self-care and Resilience for Healthcare Providers
Trauma-Informed Strategies for Healthcare Providers
Research in Risk and Resilience
Applicants are accepted to the program on a rolling basis, with preference given to applicants who will study full time. The admissions committee will review complete applications. Applicants will be notified as committee decisions are made.
- This is a post-baccalaureate certificate
- Courses are offered online
- Bachelor’s degree in any field from a regionally accredited institution.
Minimum 3.0 GPA for application. Applicants with a GPA below 3.0 will be considered on an individual basis and may be required to demonstrate academic ability prior to enrolling in the program.
Admission application procedure
No application fee!
A completed application includes all of the following:
- EMU Trauma and Resilience in Healthcare Settings application submitted online
- Request official transcripts (not student copies) from each college or university you have attended. The official transcripts should be sent to email: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to EMU Lancaster, 1846 Charter Lane, Suite 212 Lancaster, PA 17605-0936. Attn: TRHS Admissions
Toll free 1(866) 368-5262