This fully-online graduate certificate in trauma and resilience in healthcare settings is designed to educate and support bedside nurses and other healthcare professionals who are increasingly confronted by the impact of trauma in the course of routine patient or client care. Our experienced professors and collaborative online classroom environment can enhance your skills to respond effectively to your patients and build relationships that enhance patient care.
Advanced education in trauma and resilience will give the nurse, the social worker, the manager, the physician and primary care providers the ability to recognize a traumatized patient or client and develop a care plan that matches the specific needs of the client.
Graduate Certificate: Trauma and Resilience in Healthcare Settings (15 credits)
To qualify for the graduate certificate in Trauma and Resilience in Healthcare Settings, candidates must complete fifteen required credit hours. Coursework from the TRHS Certificate can be used toward an MSN in Leadership for Trauma Awareness & Resilience.
● Trauma, Restoration and Resilience in Healthcare (Foundational Course)
● The Neurobiology of Trauma, Resilience, and Well-Being
● Self-care and Resilience for Healthcare Providers
● Trauma-Informed Strategies for Healthcare Providers
● Research in Risk and Resilience
- Recognize signs of trauma in patient/client care
- Develop care plans that meet the needs of the patient/client
- Utilize trauma-informed strategies in the course of routine patient/client care
- Enhance well-being of staff and clients you serve
- Build resilience to mitigate secondary trauma in the workplace
Applicants are accepted to the program on a rolling basis, with preference given to applicants who will study full time. The admissions committee will review complete applications. Applicants will be notified as committee decisions are made.
- This is a post-baccalaureate certificate
- Courses are offered online
- Bachelor’s degree in any field from a regionally accredited institution.
Minimum 3.0 GPA for application. Applicants with a GPA below 3.0 will be considered on an individual basis and may be required to demonstrate academic ability prior to enrolling in the program.
Admission application procedure
No application fee!
A completed application includes all of the following:
- EMU Trauma and Resilience in Healthcare Settings application submitted online
- Request official transcripts (not student copies) from each college or university you have attended. The official transcripts should be sent to email: email@example.com or mail to EMU Lancaster, 1846 Charter Lane, Suite 212 Lancaster, PA 17605-0936. Attn: TRHS Admissions
Toll free 1(866) 368-5262