This fully-online graduate certificate in trauma and resilience in healthcare settings is designed to educate and support bedside nurses and other healthcare professionals who are increasingly confronted by the impact of trauma in the course of routine patient or client care. Our experienced professors and collaborative online classroom environment can enhance your skills to respond effectively to your patients and build relationships that enhance patient care.
Graduate Certificate: Trauma and Resilience in Healthcare Setting (15 credits)
To qualify for the graduate certificate in Trauma and Resilience in Healthcare Settings, candidates must complete fifteen required credit hours.
● Trauma, Restoration and Resilience in Healthcare (Foundational Course)
● Self-care and Resilience for Healthcare Providers
● Trauma-Informed Strategies for Healthcare Providers
● The Neurobiology of Trauma, Resilience, and Well-Being
● Research in Risk and Resilience
*Courses in the TRHS can be applied as concentration credits toward the EMU MSN program.
Applicants are accepted to the program on a rolling basis, with preference given to applicants who will study full time. The admissions committee will review complete applications. Applicants will be notified as committee decisions are made.
- This is a post-baccalaureate certificate
- Courses are offered online
- Bachelor’s degree in any field from a regionally accredited institution.
Minimum 3.0 GPA for application. Applicants with a GPA below 3.0 will be considered on an individual basis and may be required to demonstrate academic ability prior to enrolling in the program.
Admission application procedure
No application fee!
A completed application includes all of the following:
- EMU Trauma and Resilience in Healthcare Settings application submitted online
- Request official transcripts (not student copies) from each college or university you have attended. The official transcripts should be sent to email: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to EMU Lancaster, 1846 Charter Lane Lancaster, PA 17605-0936. Attn: TRHS Admissions
Toll free 1(866) 368-5262