International Students and Cross-cultural

International Students

International students studying at EMU on a F-1 visa should consult the Intercultural Programs staff for details about fulfilling the intercultural requirement. Please contact the international student adviser also to make sure you have the appropriate documents, signatures, and a valid visa to re-enter the US.

For international students who plan to participate in an EMU intercultural travel program, there are potentially extra steps in preparing.

  • Students should begin to make plans early— around nine months in advance— to allow for sufficient time in acquiring documents.
  • Communicate with your faculty leader(s) about your plans and identify the necessary visa(s) and vaccination(s) you will need.
  • The Intercultural Programs office is able to provide letters of support as students apply for visas.
  • Ultimately, the student is responsible for making the necessary arrangements for their travel.
Text Here...
visit graphicVisit
apply graphicApply