Costs for SPI
The 2018 Summer Peacebuilding Institute is now over.
The information on this website is from SPI 2018. Course offerings and costs at SPI 2019 may vary from this. For complete information on SPI 2019 please return to our website in late October.
Estimated Costs for SPI 2018
Costs Payable to Summer Peacebuilding Institute
7-day course $1,330
5-day course $1,050
3-day course $630
Academic Tuition Fee (MA level):
3 credit hour course $2,230
2 credit hour course $1,530
- Participants pay either training or academic tuition fee.
- Fee includes $130 per course to cover special supplies, guest speakers, coffee breaks, snacks, etc. (Cost is $30 for three-day training workshops)
- A $50 non-refundable application fee is due at the time you apply and is required as part of a complete application to be considered for admission. See here for more information.
Lodging: (per course fee, Includes weekday noon meal)
7-day course (up to 10 nights) $550
5-day course (up to 6 nights) $330
7-day course (up to 10 nights) $650
5-day course (up to 6 nights) $400
3-day course (up to 4 nights) $250
Additional nights are $55 for shared room and $65 for single room.
$30-190 one way
Read more about travel-related costs for specific transportation costs.
SPI participants are required to have health insurance that is valid in the U.S. The cost of purchasing health insurance through SPI is $35 per session.
Read more about health insurance for more information.
Personal Funds Needed by Participants
$12 per day
Costs will be higher if not living on campus and receiving weekday lunch meal.
$50 per course
$150 per course
Non-credit participants (optional)
Please account for other costs you may incur, such as visa and courier fees, gifts, entertainment, etc.
- Apply online!
- Learn about available scholarship options
- See what courses are lined up for SPI 2018
- Get to know the instructors for SPI
- Have questions?
- Taking courses for credit?