Costs for SPI
Estimated Costs for SPI 2018
Costs Payable to Summer Peacebuilding Institute
7-day course $1,330
5-day course $1,050
3-day course $630
Academic Tuition Fee (MA level):
3 credit hour course $2,230
2 credit hour course $1,530
- Participants pay either training or academic tuition fee.
- Fee includes $130 per course to cover special supplies, guest speakers, coffee breaks, snacks, etc. (Cost is $30 for three-day training workshops)
- A $50 non-refundable application fee is due at the time you apply and is required as part of a complete application to be considered for admission. See here for more information.
Lodging: (per course fee, Includes weekday noon meal)
7-day course (up to 10 nights) $550
5-day course (up to 6 nights) $330
7-day course (up to 10 nights) $650
5-day course (up to 6 nights) $400
3-day course (up to 4 nights) $250
Additional nights are $55 for shared room and $65 for single room.
$30-190 one way
Read more about travel-related costs for specific transportation costs.
SPI participants are required to have health insurance that is valid in the U.S. The cost of purchasing health insurance through SPI is $35 per session.
Read more about health insurance for more information.
Personal Funds Needed by Participants
$12 per day
Costs will be higher if not living on campus and receiving weekday lunch meal.
$50 per course
$150 per course
Non-credit participants (optional)
Please account for other costs you may incur, such as visa and courier fees, gifts, entertainment, etc.
- Apply online!
- Learn about available scholarship options
- See what courses are lined up for SPI 2018
- Get to know the instructors for SPI
- Have questions?
- Taking courses for credit?