How to Apply to EMU
Undergraduate Admissions Checklist
- Submit your free application!
- Send your Official High School or College transcripts to email@example.com.
- Send us your Official Scores from one of the following English Proficiency Tests (Duolingo, IELTS, TOEFL, SAT, ACT, PTE).
- Need to work on your English skills? Don't worry. Perfect your academic English skills through our Intensive English Program before beginning as an Undergraduate Student.
- Receive an Official Admissions decision from your Admissions Counselor.
- Begin Financial Aid & Visa Application Process.
For unconditional admission, you must meet the following requirements. Lower scores can be considered, but may be referred to our Intensive English Program.
SAT (#5181): Critical Reading 460, Math 460, Combined 980
ACT (#4348): English 19, Math 19, Cumulative 19
TOEFL/iBT (#5181): 79 or higher
IELTS: 6.5 or higher
PTE Academic (#9MK): 53 or higher
Duolingo: 104 or higher
The deadline to apply to EMU is June 1 for students interested in beginning in the Fall semester (August) and October 1 for students interested in beginning in the Spring Semester (January).
Deadlines for visa approvals are always 1 month before the start of International Student Orientation.
Graduate students should contact graduate program staff directly, since each program has different procedures and requirements.