Transportation to and from EMU
- Shenandoah Valley Regional Airport (25 minutes from EMU’s campus by car)
- Dulles International Airport (2 hours from EMU’s campus by car)
- Reagan National Airport (2 hours and 15 minutes from EMU’s campus by car)
- Charlottesville/Albemarle Airport (1 hours and 15 minutes from EMU’s campus by car)
- Richmond International Airport (2 hours and 15 minutes from EMU’s campus by car)
- Baltimore International Airport (2 hours and 45 minutes from EMU’s campus by car)
Public Airport Transportation
The Virginia Breeze is a daily Megabus route that runs between Harrisonburg and Washington, DC with separate stops at Dulles International Airport and Union Station. The Virginia Breeze runs twice a day at 10:50am and 3:30pm from Harrisonburg to DC and at 10:45am and 2:00pm from DC to Harrisonburg. Tickets cost around $20. The Megabus is the most affordable way to get to and from DC. As you plan your trip be sure to take the bus schedule into account.
Private Airport Transportation
- Shuttles Services offer both private and shared shuttle options with more options around school breaks for more affordable prices.
- The Valley Connector is a local company that offers door to door shuttle service from and to Washington Dulles International Airport, National (Ronald Reagan) Airport, BWI, and Charlottesville Regional Airport that cost around $180.
Other Options for Transportation
- Using apps like Uber or Lyft can be an option, but a more expensive one costing around $180 one way.
- Using ride share Facebook pages can be an option. We encourage you to consult with trusted friends before setting up a ride to make sure the driver is known and trusted in the community. Always share the details of your transportation plan with trusted friends/family to help ensure safety.
- Direct bus between Harrisonburg and New York City: GotoBus
- Train options using Amtrak. The closest Amtrak stations are in Staunton (STA) and Martinsburg, WV (MRB). Choose the best option for your trip based on your final destination.
If you have other questions about how to get transportation, email email@example.com.