Application and Admission
Applications are accepted at any time, but should be submitted by June 30 for a fall entry into the program. Students can start the program in any semester of the academic year.
Healthcare Management graduate program entrance is based on:
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution with a minimal undergraduate grade point average of 2.50
- Minimum of 2080 hours (equivalent of one year full-time) of work experience.
- Preferred-Work experiences in healthcare settings or alternative work experiences, such as a business-related undergraduate degree or other graduate degree or studies.
- For non-native English speakers, a TOEFL score of at least 550 (paper based) or equivalent is required
- The MHM admissions committee will evaluate student applications and make recommendations for admissions.
Admission application procedure
- A complated MHM online application that includes an essay as described in the application that focuses on goals and motivations for obtaining a master's degree.
- A non-refundable $50 application fee also payable online.
- Two references submitted online after forms are sent:
- One from a professor from your most recent academic program
- One from a work supervisor
- If an academic reference is unable to be obtained, applicants may utilize a colleague if you have been employed with them for the last five years
- Official transcripts (not student copies) from each college or university you have attended
- An interview with the Director of the MHM program or designee.
You can contact Stephanie Whitson, Director of Graduate Admissions, at email@example.com for more information.
A completed application file is due by May 1 for students planning to begin course work in the fall semester. After the May 1 deadline, the admissions office will continue to review application files on an individual basis as long as space is available in the program. Admission will not be considered until application files are complete.
IMPORTANT: Because of the time required to send international mail, it is important that you begin the application process early. It is best to apply nine months before the date you wish to enroll or by January 1 for the fall semester. Because we need at least three months to process your application, the deadline for international applications is May 1. Completed application includes: online application, all supporting documents, financial certification form, and bank letter submitted before the deadline.
For applicants whose native language is not English, a 550 on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or a score of 7 on the IELTS (International English Language Testing System)is required. Applicants who have studied and received a degree from a college or university where all instruction is in English are not required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores).
Be sure to include the financial certification form. The financial certification form is required in order for EMU to issue a student visa application.
Tuition and Financial Aid
Tuition and fees for the academic year for the Masters in Healthcare Management program and other graduate programs is available on the Business Office website.
Financial Aid and Student Loans
The Federal Direct Student Loan program (unsubsidized) allows a graduate student to borrow up to $20,500 per award year with 6.60% interest. In addition, the Federal Direct Plus Loan program (credit-based) allows supplemental borrowing to cover educational related expenses at 7.60% interest. International students with US Permanent Resident cards are eligible for the Federal Direct Loan Programs. Financial aid is determined by the number of credit hours taken each semester.
For additional information, contact the Financial Assistance Office at 1-800-330-9683 or firstname.lastname@example.org