EMU Hartzler Library Policies
|Books||6 weeks for all students; 17 weeks for faculty/staff; 1 renewal if not on hold|
|Videos/DVDs/CDs||1 week with 1 renewal if not on hold|
|Reserves||4 hours or overnight 4 hours before library closes|
|Periodicals||Do not circulate|
|Historical Library||Only circulate with permission of HL staff|
- Always present your EMU ID or Community patron card to the circulation worker when you check out materials. No ID, no check out!
- You will receive an email notice 3 days before materials are due. It will include a renewal link if there are no fines or holds.
- You may renew items online. You will need to login to you TIND account with your EMU email and the TIND password
you set up.
Lost books will be billed at a cost of $75 per book.
- Community patrons are welcome.
- Anyone is welcome to use books and journals on site. EMU provides guest wifi and patrons can use their own devices to connect to wifi.
- Hartzler Library participates in VIVA and Atla reciprocal borrowing programs.
- Checkout privileges - $20/ year - does not include access to ebooks, ejournals or databases.
- EMU Computer access including checkout privileges - $50/ year - does not include access to EMU databases from off-campus.
- EMU library does not provide interlibrary loan services to community patrons.
- You may place a hold on most items that are currently checked out to someone else. You may not place a hold on an item that is not currently checked out. Those items are available on the shelves. The library staff will not retrieve items from the shelves at the request of library patrons. Community patrons should talk to a library staff person about placing holds on items. Priority is given to faculty, staff, and students.
- Items placed on hold will become due the next day, provided the item has been checked out for at least two weeks. Recalled items are due immediately and must be returned to the library or fines will accrue at the rate of $1.00 per day. This policy applies to all EMU library patrons including faculty and staff. Patrons will be notified by email when an item is recalled.
- Materials are placed on reserve when they are in high demand, generally by professors for specific classes. Faculty, learn more about placing materials on reserve.
- Reserves may be checked out for 4 hours at a time.
- Four hours before the library closes, reserve items may be checked out overnight. They are due back 15 minutes after the library opens the next day.
- Fines for overdue reserve items are $5.00 per item per day. This policy applies to all EMU library patrons including faculty and staff.
Information Systems charges department and students for prints/copies/scans made on EMU devices.
- Black & White $0.06
- Color $0.08
- Scan $0.01
Community patrons who do not have an EMU guest account pay 10 cents per copy (b&w) and 20 cents for color.