EMU Hartzler Library Policies
|Books||6 weeks for all students; 1 semester for faculty/staff; 1 renewal if not on hold|
|Videos/DVDs/CDs||1 week with 1 renewal if not on hold|
|Reserves||2 hours or overnight 2 hours before library closes|
|Periodicals||Do not circulate|
|Historical Library||Only circulate with permission of HL staff|
|Reference||Do not circulate|
- Always present your EMU ID or Community patron card to the circulation worker when you check out materials. No ID, no check out!
- You will receive an email notice 3 days before materials are due. It will include a renewal link if there are no fines or holds.
- Fines are 25 cents per item per day.
- You may renew checked out items online. You will need to enter your EMU ID number or Community Card barcode for User ID. You will only be able to renew once. If an item is on hold for another patron or there are fines associated with the item you will not be able to renew it.
- Community patrons are welcome. There is an annual fee of $25 for borrowing privileges and computer access. EMU alumni pay $15 per year. Please see a staff member for more information. The library does not provide interlibrary loan services for Community Patrons. Community patrons may only access library databases on campus. Licensing agreements only allow access off-campus to currently enrolled students and faculty and staff.
- You may place a hold on most items that are currently checked out to someone else. You may not place a hold on an item that is not currently checked out. Those items are available on the shelves. The library staff will not retrieve items from the shelves at the request of library patrons. Community patrons should talk to a library staff person about placing holds on items. Priority is given to faculty, staff, and students.
- Items placed on hold will become due the next day, provided the item has been checked out for at least two weeks. Recalled items are due immediately and must be returned to the library or fines will accrue at the rate of $1.00 per day. This policy applies to all EMU library patrons including faculty and staff. Patrons will be notified by email when an item is recalled.
- Materials are placed on reserve when they are in high demand, generally by professors for specific classes. Faculty, learn more about placing materials on reserve.
- Reserves may be checked out for 2 hours at a time.
- Two hours before the library closes, reserve items may be checked out overnight. They are due back 15 minutes after the library opens the next day.
- Fines for overdue reserve items are $5.00 per item per day. This policy applies to all EMU library patrons including faculty and staff.
Information Systems charges department and students for prints/copies/scans made on EMU devices.
- Black & White $0.06
- Color $0.08
- Scan $0.01