EMU Hartzler Library Policies
|Books||6 weeks for all students; 17 weeks for faculty/staff; 1 renewal if not on hold|
|DVDs/CDs||3 week with 1 renewal if not on hold|
|Reserves||4 hours or overnight 4 hours before library closes|
|Periodicals||Do not circulate|
|Historical Library||Only circulate with permission of HL staff|
- Always present your EMU ID or Community patron card to the circulation worker when you check out materials.
- You will receive an email notice 2 days before materials are due. It will include a renewal link if there are no fines or holds.
- You may renew items online. You will need to login to your TIND account with your EMU email address and password.
Lost books will be billed at a cost of $75 per book.
- Community patrons are welcome.
- Anyone is welcome to use books and journals on site. EMU provides guest wifi and patrons can use their own devices to connect to wifi.
- Hartzler Library participates in VIVA and Atla reciprocal borrowing programs.
- Checkout privileges - $20/ year - does not include access to ebooks, ejournals or databases.
- EMU Computer access including checkout privileges - $50/ year - does not include access to EMU databases from off-campus.
- EMU library does not provide interlibrary loan services to community patrons.
- If an item is checked out, you may place a hold on it by clicking on the Request button beside the item. Community patrons should talk to a library staff person about placing holds on items. Priority is given to faculty, staff, and students.
- The library staff will recall items on hold when they have been checked out for more than two weeks. If you receive a recall notice from the library, you will need to return the item in the next seven days. A new due date will be included in the notice.
- Materials are placed on reserve when they are in high demand, generally by professors for specific classes. Faculty, learn more about placing materials on reserve.
- Reserves may be checked out for 4 hours at a time.
- Four hours before the library closes, reserve items may be checked out overnight. They are due back 15 minutes after the library opens the next day.
Information Systems charges departments and students for prints/copies/scans made on EMU devices.
- Black & White $0.06
- Color $0.08
- Scan $0.01
Community patrons who do not have an EMU guest account pay 10 cents per copy (b&w) and 20 cents for color.