Apply Now to the Accelerated Degree Program at EMU
Step 1: Submit the following:
- Complete online application (click here)
- Official college transcripts (print or electronic versions accepted)
- Essay/writing sample - writing sample instructions
- $25 application fee
Transcripts, writing sample, and any other materials should be forwarded to:
Step 2: Review with the Program Representative.
After you have successfully submitted your application materials, the program representative will contact you via phone or remote video conference to discuss:
- Financial assistance options (including Federal Direct Student Loans)
- Individualized academic advising (additional course requirements, etc.)
- Formal admission status
We are here to help you each step of the way!
Step 3: Attend program orientation
We want you to succeed! We have prepared a robust student orientation evening that will help you acclimate to the technical, academic, and social logistics of the Accelerated Degree Program at EMU. We'll cover many topics to include:
- Online etiquette and expectations for participation
- Accessing your EMU G-mail account
- Navigating Moodle (our online course management system)
- Utilizing student services such as the library, writing tutor, and counseling
- Obtaining your student ID
No matter how long you've been away from the classroom, we'll bring you up to speed!
Requirements for Admission
The admissions selection process is designed to identify those students who have potential for completing a university degree program. Accelerated degree programs are designed to build on experience and previous college credit. As a first step, your background and goals are assessed to determine where you are in relation to the degree program. To be admitted you must:
- Transfer to EMU with at least 48 semester hours of college credit from accredited community colleges or four-year institutions with a minimum 2.0 grade point average. (If you are a Blue Ridge Community College transfer student, please review the matriculation agreement and course recommendations for maximum benefit!)
- Demonstrate writing skills that will allow you to complete summary papers for each course, life-learning papers as needed, and longer research-based writing assignments.
- Have current work experience or significant volunteer involvement that will provide a forum to practice leadership and organizational management concepts and provide the setting for the application of research project.
- Be at least 23 years of age.
International Student Application Process
International students who meet the accelerated degree program admissions requirements are permitted to enroll after meeting United States Center for Immigration Services (USCIS) requirements. International students must identify their visa type on the program application form and, during the admissions process, meet with the director of international student services
They must also meet with the degree completion program academic advisor before each traditional semester to create an individualized enrollment plan that meets full-time USCIS enrollment requirements for international students.