Welcome to the Shenandoah Valley!
There’s a vibrant community at play and at work in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, and Harrisonburg is rated among the top college towns in the nation.
Where you are matters. Whether you're a student, parent, alumnus, future employee or just want to know more about EMU, you'll discover there is much to love about Harrisonburg and the Shenandoah Valley. You can enjoy biking, hiking, hunting, skiing, rock-climbing, canoeing, and just hanging out under typically blue skies. Take in a concert, shop downtown, and catch up over coffee.
No matter where you are you will discover that Harrisonburg earns our nickname as "the friendly city."
Take a virtual tour of campus
- Harrisonburg Downtown Renaissance (annual community events)
- Downtown Directory (restaurants, shopping, etc)
- City of Harrisonburg (municipal website)
Shenandoah Valley Region
- City of Staunton
- Frontier Culture Museum, Staunton
- City of Charlottesville
- Monticello, the home of Thomas Jefferson, the 3rd President of the United States
- Montpelier, the home of James Madison, the 4th President of the United States
Our campus is less than an hour from two national forests and Shenandoah National Park!