Providing gifted students with a rigorous curriculum and enriched opportunities to challenge intellect, inspire curiosity, and deepen self-discovery.
As an honors student at EMU, you will
- Network with other honors students and faculty at regular events such as the weekly “Honors Happy Hour” in Common Grounds Coffeehouse for chess and other fun.
- Collaborate with faculty members on interdisciplinary research.
- Explore new ways to think about and share your faith journey amidst biblical understandings of the wider Anabaptist and Christian traditions.
- Contribute to the broader EMU community in leadership capacities.
Motivated students join the honors program for the scholarships, community of learners, and challenging curriculum. There are several ways to qualify:
- Earn an honors scholarship as a first-year student. Known as Honors Scholars, these students have the option of completing the honors program.
- 2018-2019 EMU Honors students had an average GPA of 4.17, 1330 SAT, and 30 ACT