Visual & Performing Arts
Our options are not limited to the internships listed below. Organizations listed
reflect sites where WCSC has recently placed students or those that are currently
looking for interns. Please feel free to do your own research and do not hesitate
to contact WCSC for further opportunities.
- For graphic design and photography opportunities, see listings under “Communications,
Digital Media & Journalism”
- For additional education programs with arts components, see listings under "Education
Arts Administration & Programming
- Washington Performing Arts Society – creates shows and performs at various DC art venues.
- District of Columbia Arts Center – small theater and gallery aimed at supporting and promoting less established artists.
- Touchstone Gallery – artist-owned and operated gallery of 30 active members with rotating exhibitions.
- Sitar Arts Center – after-school program for underserved children and youth in a diverse community.
The Center partners with local volunteer artists and arts organizations to provide
comprehensive arts education, nurturing relationships and high expectations that enable
young people to better know and express themselves as they discover and develop their
- Plug into Sitar Arts Center through teaching classes, assisting youth with art projects,
grant writing, and/or day-to-day management.
- Washington Revels – celebrates music, dance, drama, storytelling, and other cultural traditions from
around the world through performances, workshops, and audience participation.
- Duke Ellington School – Performing arts focused DC public high school.
- Filmfest DC – DC’s premiere film festival. Assist with events, planning and marketing of this
major DC arts event.
- Dance Place – performances and dance classes for people of all ages in various styles.
- Kirov Academy of Ballet – dance classes and academic year-round school for competitive ballet dancers.
- Sitar Arts Center – see description above.
- Past interns have given instrument or voice lessons, assisted with music projects
(including music recording, practice with the rock and roll band, or theater performances),
assisted with grant writing, and/or day-to-day management.
- The Levine School of Music – music school with opportunities for a wide variety of instruments and ensembles
across the DC area.