Business & Economics
Our options are not limited to the internships listed below. Organizations listed
reflect sites where WCSC has recently placed students or those that are currently
looking for interns. Please feel free to do your own research and do not hesitate
to contact WCSC for further opportunities.
Local Business Development Organizations
Accounting & Finance
- Jubilee Housing – provides affordable housing and supportive services to economically disadvantaged
residents of the Adams Morgan neighborhood of Washington, DC.
- Past interns have gained hands-on experience in the accounting and finance department.
- YMCA – dedicated to strengthening communities through youth development, social responsibility,
and healthy living.
- FINCA International – works with microfinance, research and social enterprises to address poverty around
- Financial Education & Literacy Advisers (FELA) – provides financial education services and education technology solutions. FELA
develops programs for organizations that inform, engage, motivate, and empower consumers,
seeking to improve the financial health and capability of each participating individual.
Business Administration, Marketing & Nonprofit Management
- Capital Area Food Bank (Marketing Department) – provides food and nutrition programs to over 700 local shelters and pantries.
Work with a team of non-profit professionals in accounting and human resources
- Carlos Rosario International Public Charter School – serves DC-area immigrant communities through adult education, life skills programs,
and support services.
- Work with marketing, accounting, and advertising.
- Manna, Inc. – Assists low and moderate-income families to fulfill the dream of homeownership.
- Past interns have worked hands-on in daily operations and projects, gaining experience
with nonprofit management and business administration.