Business & Economics
Our options are not limited to the internships listed below. Organizations listed
reflect sites where WCSC has recently placed students or those that are currently
looking for interns. Please feel free to do your own research and do not hesitate
to contact WCSC for further opportunities.
Accounting & Finance
- Jubilee Housing – provides affordable housing and supportive services to economically disadvantaged
residents of the Adams Morgan neighborhood of Washington, DC.
- Past interns have gained hands-on experience in the accounting and finance department.
- YMCA – dedicated to strengthening communities through youth development, social responsibility,
and healthy living.
- The YMCA office offers hands-on accounting experience.
- The accounting team takes a mentoring approach with students and gives them all the
training and guidance they need to succeed in this internship and beyond.
- FINCA International – works with microfinance, research and social enterprises to address poverty around
- Financial Education & Literacy Advisers (FELA) – provides financial education services and education technology solutions. FELA
develops programs for organizations that inform, engage, motivate, and empower consumers,
seeking to improve the financial health and capability of each participating individual.
- Sister Cities International – encourages citizen diplomacy, peacemaking and international understanding through
culture, the arts, and international exchanges.
- Seeks assistance with human resources and accounting.
Business Administration, Marketing & Nonprofit Management
- Capital Area Food Bank (Marketing Department) – provides food and nutrition programs to over 700 local shelters and pantries.
Work with a team of non-profit professionals in accounting and human resources
- Carlos Rosario International Public Charter School – serves DC-area immigrant communities through adult education, life skills programs,
and support services.
- Work with marketing and advertising.
- American National Standards Institute (ANSI) – creates guidelines and norms for US standards that directly impact businesses across
- Past interns have researched policy and enforcement mechanisms.
- Manna, Inc. – Assists low and moderate-income families to fulfill the dream of homeownership.
- Past interns have worked hands-on in daily operations and projects, gaining experience
with nonprofit management and business administration.
Sports Business & Administration
- DC United – DC’s professional soccer team.
- Support at practices and assist with administrative tasks.
Local Business Development Organizations
- Washington Area Community Investment Fund (WACIF) – community development loan fund investing in small businesses, childcare providers,
affordable housing, and community organizations.
- Gain experience with community development and targeting financial resources for community
- Jubilee Jobs – supports workforce development through job applicant support and counseling.
- Ethiopian Community Development Council – resource center for African Refugees and Immigrants supporting economic and social
- Latino Economic Development Corporation – works to build social and economic opportunities for low-income Latino communities
in the DC area
- Internship opportunities for accounting/finance or business administration
Socially Conscious Investing
- Fair Trade Federation – works to strengthen and promote North American fair trade organizations to build
equitable and sustainable trading partnerships.
- Green America – works to build an environmentally sustainable and socially just society through
the economic power of consumers, businesses, investors, and the marketplace.