EMU COVID protocol update for Fall 2022
While the threat of COVID-19 has shifted, and we have developed coping mechanisms and personal knowledge to mitigate its effects, the disease still exists within our community. Like the flu and other common viruses and illnesses, COVID-19 is now one illness among many that university employees and students manage on a regular basis.
The university strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations and boosters. For more information about Lancaster Testing and Vaccination options, please visit any of our local healthcare providers.
- Masking is always welcome anywhere at EMU, and the last few years have clearly shown that masks dramatically reduce the spread of airborne infections, including COVID-19. Masks will not be provided by EMU. All employees and students are encouraged to bring their own.
- Do not attend class, work or gatherings if you are sick. Test if you suspect COVID-19.
Fall 2022 COVID Protocol for Students (updated 8/26/22)
- Any student who self-tests and tests positive should notify email@example.com
- The student who tests positive will isolate for five full days (count the day of testing as zero), and mask for at least 10 days (longer if still experiencing symptoms)
- The person who tests positive is responsible for contacting people they have been in close contact with for periods of 15 minutes or longer in a 24-hour period and within the past 24 to 48 hours.
Fall 2022 COVID Protocol for Employees (updated 8/26/22)
- If you test positive, please notify firstname.lastname@example.org and your close contacts. You are responsible for contacting people you have been in close contact with for periods of 15 minutes or longer in a 24-hour period and within the past 24 to 48 hours.
Isolation and Quarantine Information for Students and Employees (updated 8/26/22)
- Per Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Isolation is five full days isolating away from others. Count the day of the positive test as day zero. Wear a mask for a full ten days after testing positive. If you test positive please notify email@example.com and your close contacts (see above for definition of close contact).
- Per CDC, there are no requirements to quarantine when exposed to a person who is positive. If a person knows they have been a close contact to someone who has tested positive, it is recommended that they mask for five days and complete a rapid antigen at home test on day 5 after exposure or if they become symptomatic.