EMU at Lancaster COVID-19 Plan
Promoting a Community of Care
In light of the consistent downward trend in cases and transmission levels of the COVID-19 virus in our region and beyond and CDC adjusted recommendations, EMU at Lancaster will no longer require masks in our facility. While masking will not be required, please continue to honor each other and uphold our Community of Care practices.
Mask Optional: Faculty, staff and students are invited to wear a mask and/or ask others to wear a mask in light of individual risk factors. Please have a mask available to accommodate these requests. Our facilities will remain configured to meet social distance requirements. (Updated March 7, 2022)
If you are symptomatic, exposed, or test positive, EMU at Lancaster faculty, staff, and students should call or text the LANCASTER COVID hotline (717-844-1675) or, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Employees and students are encouraged to use their health care provider and local resources for testing and medical needs. Report positive results to the COVID hotline (717-844-1675) and follow steps listed below.
Testing and Vaccines
For more information about Lancaster Testing and Vaccination options, please visit any of our local healthcare providers.
For more information about COVID-19 vaccines, visit lancastergeneralhealth.org
- Call or text the COVID hotline (717-844-1675), Email email@example.com
- Get tested and stay home.
- Report positive results to the COVID hotline and isolate for 5 days.
- If you have no symptoms or your symptoms are resolving after 5 days, you can be released from isolation.
- Must wear a mask around others at all times for days 6-10.
- If negative and symptoms persist, retest in 3 days.
- If still negative, wear a mask until symptoms dissipate (total of 10 days minimum).
Call or text the COVID hotline (717-844-1675), Email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are fully vaccinated,
- Get tested on or around day 3 after exposure.
- Wear a mask around others at all times for at least 10 days.
- If you develop symptoms before or after day 3, get tested and quarantine at home.
Report positive test results to the COVID hotline and follow isolation protocols outlined above.
If you are not fully vaccinated (not boosted) or unvaccinated,
- Quarantine at home for 5 days.
- Get tested on day 5 after exposure -if negative and you are asymptomatic have no symptoms,
you can be released from quarantine.
- Wear a mask around others at all times for days 6 - 10.
- If you develop symptoms at any time, get tested and quarantine at home.
- Report positive test results to the COVID hotline and follow isolation protocols outlined above.
To see plans for all of EMU related COVID-19, review the EMU FAQ page.