Why Give to EMU?
Michaela Mast '18
This is a place that has taught me how to think, how to question, how to embrace each moment, and how to love this world. I have grown spiritual, intellectually, emotionally and creatively.
Ariel Barbosa '20
EMU is the land of opportunity grounded in the idea of living life in the footsteps of Jesus, how he would have lived a life in the 21st century. I feel as though I say to myself or a friend ‘Ahh, what a place!’ more days than not while at EMU. It never fails to leave me awestruck at its people, with their open-mindedness and constant brewing of ideas. I love this place.
Cedric Moore '99
When asked what made his time at EMU meaningful enough that he wants to keep giving back as a volunteer and donor, Moore noted, “The entire EMU experience.” He continued, “That simply means the quality of education, caring professors and an environment grounded with Christian values.”
James '58 and Marian Yoder Payne
Marian Yoder Payne, a founding donor of EMU’s Center for Justice and Peacebuilding, died Sunday, Aug. 6, 2017. She and husband James, residents of Richmond, Virginia, helped to start the center in 1994 and offered strategic gifts during the past 23 years.
Your gifts to EMU will:
- Prepare graduates for a life of service and leadership that cares for each person and each part of creation as a gift from God.
- Enable the university to be competitive and selective in attracting and retaining faculty who combine excellence in scholarship with a deep commitment to students and the mission of the university.
- Mitigate rising tuition rates by covering a portion of the universities operating budget.
- Provide the best technology and educational resources for classrooms, science and computer labs and the library.
- Allow students to experience discipleship and formation in an intellectual faith community.
Learn more about EMU’s core values
EMU makes an impact on students and the world. Learn more about the EMU Impact.
EMU’s core values include:
- Service to others
- Social justice
- Christian discipleship
- Sustainability and stewardship
Learn how we teach students to embody these principles.