Dining Hall Renovation and Expansion
Updated budget and project scope to be finalized in near future
The Dining Hall on the first floor of the Northlawn residence hall has served EMU very well for more than 50 years. In recent years, in particular, the quality of food service under the outstanding direction of Bruce Emmerson of Pioneer College Caterers has soared in its reputation among students, faculty, staff, alumni, and community members.
However, the current dining facility presents several challenges that must be addressed to meet the growth of EMU. The current dining area lacks a welcoming entrance to the facility; it’s an inadequate venue for group events, and does not align well with the more modern serving area setups that are being used with success at other universities.
Plans for the dining hall project include:
- Renovations that will provide a formal entrance and greeting space
- Renovated restrooms
- Heightened 16-foot ceilings in main dining hall to eliminate the basement-like feel
- Addition of an elevator to provide access to the residential part of the building
- Renovated serving area with attention to traffic flow and diner services in a station type layout
- Renovated west dining room to a booth seating “pub-style” concept
- Addition of a new dining space with seating for up to 345 guests with flexibility for dividing the space
- Addition of a small meeting room with catering kitchen
Support the Dining Hall project!
Learn more – Contact us at 540-432-4203 or at email@example.com learn more about the baseball facility renovation project and request a case for support.
Become an advocate – Voice your support with community and business leaders; encourage others to join the conversation; offer your prayerful support for this project and for EMU students, faculty and staff.
Pledge your support – Consider a multi-year commitment to achieve a gift of significance; consider a gift of appreciated securities to leverage your impact for this campaign.
Make a one-time gift – contact us at 540-432-4200 or visit our giving page.
Naming opportunities are available, and can be used to honor a loved one, a family, or a beloved professor. For more information, contact Kirk Shisler, vice president for advancement at 540-432-4203 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.