Students may enroll at either Eastern Mennonite University or Goshen College, and their diploma will reflect that choice.
Admission Criteria and Application Process
- Earned a Master of Science in Nursing from a CCNE- or NLNAC-accredited program with a cumulative GPAof 3.3 or higher
- Provide documentation of post-baccalaureate supervised practice hours from an accredited MSNprogram. If there are fewer than 400 supervised practice hours, the DNP program will be tailored to achieve the required 1,000 hours of post-baccalaureate supervised practice.
- Evidence of an unencumbered RN license in the state of practice.
- Evidence of currency in nursing practice
- Interview with program co-directors via video conference
- DNP application online
- Completed reference form from three (3) individuals who are able to address the applicant’s ability to succeed
in a DNP program. Individuals completing the reference form should be from among the following:
- nurse faculty member who has knowledge of the applicant’s academic ability;
- a professional work-related colleague or supervisor;
- if practicing as an APRN, at least one should be from an APRN;
- if practicing as a nurse leader/executive, one should be from a supervisor who can address the applicant’s leadership abilities.
- Personal essay of 500 words or less that explains the applicant’s career goals related to pursuing the clinical doctorate. The essay addresses the applicant’s current thoughts on their preferred focus for the evidenced-based scholarly project.
- Current resume or curriculum vitae
A required residency will be held January 2019. A final project presentation residency will be held at the end of the program.