Each year, EMU is named in a variety of rankings, from reputable magazines like Forbes and U.S. News and World Report, but also other companies looking to capitalize and monetize a growing college/university rankings industry.
Rankings can be an important factor for prospective students and their parents, for alumni and other donors, and in the recruitment of top faculty and administrators.
Ultimately, though, rankings don’t often measure well the kinds of things we know our alumni say really matters about EMU:
- unique relationships with professors;
- transformative experiences in classrooms and internships, and on our cross-culturals;
- the emphasis on learning to live and lead together in community.
But still, we can’t ignore rankings and we don’t expect you too either. The best ones make use of reliable data and highlight true EMU strengths in areas like academic excellence, affordability/value, sustainability and alumni success.
For that reason, here are some recent rankings authorized by EMU’s Office of Institutional Research as utilizing credible, legitimate methodology.
- Best Job Placement Rate - Intelligence.com. 2021
- Best Colleges (south region)- US News and World Report, 2021
- Best Value (south region)
- Social Mobility (south region)
- Best Colleges (south region)- US News and World Report, 2020
- Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education, 2021 College rankings
- Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education, 2020 College rankings
- Money's Best Colleges 2019
- Forbes Best ROI University (Grateful Grads Index, 2018)
- The Princeton Review- top 50 guide to green schools, 2018
- Sierra Club- Cool Schools, 2019
- Marks of Distinction, 2018