COVID-19 and EMU Learn More >

Residence Hall and Meal Plan Policy

EMU housing policy

EMU believes that residence hall living fosters social and emotional development, so it is required that full-time single students live on campus unless they meet one of the following criteria:

  • are 21 years of age prior to September 1 of the semester enrolling and have earned a total of 90 semester hours
  • are living with parents, spouse or legal guardians, written permission from these persons is required
  • need to reserve an apartment due to marriage plans within a semester
  • require specialized care prescribed by a medical doctor

Off-Campus Housing Procedures:

Students who meet off-campus living criteria may submit a request for off-campus housing approval.

Meal plans

Because of the importance of eating regularly and learning to know other students, all students living in a traditional residence hall are required to participate in our continuous meal plan. The cafeteria is open from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. and you will be able to eat as often as you’d like during those hours. You are also allotted credit to spend at the Royal’s Den Snack Shoppe.

Juniors living in Hillside Suites and Parkwood Apartments may elect to have either the continuous plan or the 60-block plan, which allows for 60 meals throughout the course of each semester as well as credit toward the Royal’s Den. Seniors residing in Hillside Suites and Parkwood Apartments may choose the continuous meal plan, the 60-block plan or they may opt for no meal plan at all.

See Meal plan charges for more complete information.

Text Here...
visit graphicVisit
apply graphicApply