Important Participant Information
If you are coming to EMU for a STAR training, you may need some of the information below. Please feel free to reach out with questions at email@example.com.
Application Fee: $50
STAR Level 1 Training Online or In-person: $995
STAR Level 2 Training Online or In-person: $995
Graduate Tuition Fee (MA level: see the graduate tuition and fees page for more information):
- 2 credit hour course: $1,542 ($771/credit hour as of July 1, 2020 and any additional fees based on number of total credit hours).
- 3 credit hour course: $2,313 ($771/credit hour as of July 1, 2020 and any additional fees based on number of total credit hours).
Participants pay either training or academic tuition fee.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and can be submitted up to the week prior to any given training as space permits. If you need to apply for a visa or make travel arrangements be sure to allow adequate time for these additional processes.
Due the generous gifts of donors, STAR awards a limited number of partial scholarships to assist participants. If you are interested in receiving a scholarship, please apply for the training and indicate your interest in a scholarship.
Online trainings meet for 8 weeks, twice a week for 2.5 hours (including a break). Please note the days, time, and time zone for online trainings when you sign up.
In-person trainings typically start each morning at 8:30 am and end each afternoon at 5 pm. On the last day, the training typically ends around 1:30 pm.
Technical Needs for Online Training
To participate in STAR Online, you will need (at a minimum):
- A computer or mobile device with a camera, microphone, and speakers
- A headset with microphone is highly recommended(but not required) for this purpose and to cut down on background noise
- A strong enough internet connection to connect to Zoom (click here for Zoom technical specifications)
- The ability to access and download documents from and upload documents to the online learning platform at EMU (Moodle)
- The ability to stream videos posted by faculty members and classmates.
Accessing Online Training
If you register for STAR online, you will receive information via email about how to log-in to our learning platform, called Moodle. Please be sure to attempt to log-in as soon as possible to make sure you have access before the first live session.
A Note about In-Person Trainings
Through the end of 2020, we will not be offering in-person STAR training on EMU's campus. If you hope to attend in person when health and safety guidelines allow, please review the travel and lodging information here.
Participants will be billed for their training fees through the EMU’s billing system. Please watch for an email containing your log-in information and an email notifying that your bill has been generated. If your organization is paying for your training, please log-in, view your invoice, and print the invoice to submit to your employer.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs) are available for STAR participants whose accrediting agency or board requires them. They are not academic credit. These CEUs are offered through EMU’s Provost’s Office and cost an additional $30. Participants are responsible for insuring their accrediting agency or board will accept these CEUs towards certification or licensure.