General Payment Information
Payment for fall semester tuition, room and board less processed financial aid is due August 25, 2015. Payment for spring semester tuition, room and board less processed financial aid is due January 4, 2016.
Tuition, room and board charges, less processed financial aid, are due one week before classes begin for each semester. Unpaid accounts may be subject to the following:
- EMU network access for student-owned computers will be denied
- Charging at Common Grounds and non-textbook charging at the Bookstore will be denied
- Grades, transcripts, enrollment, class attendance and diploma will be denied
- Monthly finance charge of 1.5% (18% annually)
- Credit bureau reporting
- Collection and/or attorney fees necessary for collection of unpaid debts
To pay online with CASHNet log on to my.emu.edu and follow the link on the accounts tab. Parents with pin numbers and authorized users visit CASHNet to make a payment.
- EMU recently contracted with Higher One and CASHNet to provide student payment solutions, including an interest free four month payment plan option. There is a $35 per semester fee for the payment plan. Please visit my.emu.edu and login. Under the accounts tab click on the CASHNet link under “Pay Using CASHNet” at the top right hand corner. Then follow the steps to enroll in the payment plan.
- With CASHNet you may use major credit cards. There is a convenience fee for this service. You may also make direct payments from your checking account for no charge.
Payment Methods Accepted
- EMU’s preferred method of payment is through CASHNet, students login to my.emu.edu to get to the CASHNet link located under the accounts tab. Parents with pin numbers (set up by their student) and authorized users pay with CASHNet here.
- EMU accepts cash, personal checks, cashiers checks, credit cards, and money orders for payments on student accounts. There is a 3% convenience fee (minimum $1.00 fee) for paying with a credit card.
- EMU has partnered with peerTransfer to streamline the tuition payment process for our international students. With peerTransfer, you can pay from any country and any bank. You are offered excellent foreign exchange rates, allowing you to pay in your home currency (in most cases) and save a significant amount of money, as compared to traditional banks. You will also be able to track where your payment is in the transfer process via a student dashboard and an email confirmation will be sent to you when your payment is received by the school.