Fast Facts 2021
- 97% of 2020 job-seeking undergrads were employed within one year
- 100% of job-seeking nursing graduates are offered jobs within one month of graduation
- 100% of recent graduates who applied for a teaching position had been hired within a year of graduating
- Over the past 15 years, students who completed EMU’s pre-professional health sciences
- 94% acceptance rate to physical therapy schools
- 84% to physician assistant programs
- 80% to medical schools
- Nearly 100% of recent business and leadership grads:
- who sat for the CPA exam passed, the majority on the first try.
- pursuing advanced degrees were accepted into graduate schools.
- who were looking for jobs were offered jobs upon graduation.
- Student/faculty ratio: 10:1
- Median class size: 15
- Undergrad fields of study: 46+ programs of study
- Graduate degrees and certificates: 30
- Faculty: 78% of faculty have terminal degrees (the top degree in their field)
- 35% students of color
- 30 states represented
- 50+ countries represented
- 50+ faith traditions
Affiliation: NCAA Division III
Conference: Old Dominion Athletic Conference
40% of all undergraduates are athletes
- Men’s: Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Track and Field, Volleyball
- Women’s: Basketball, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, Triathlon, Volleyball
- 15+ rec sport options
- 30+ student clubs and organizations
- 6 music ensembles
- Annual theater productions
Rankings and Recognitions
- EMU is a Forbes Best Return on Investment (ROI) University. The Grateful Grads Index ranks colleges based on alumni satisfaction with their college experience and the success of grads.
- Princeton Review ranked EMU as a top “Green College.”
- The 2019 US News & World Report lists EMU as one of the “Best Colleges” in the regional south.