All writers, including good ones, can benefit from talking with someone and from getting individual feedback on their papers and answers to their particular questions. Most students who seek tutoring within the writing program report that seeing a tutor raises the quality of their work and that they feel more confident about their writing after talking with a tutor.
Take advantage of free individual tutoring from our writing program tutors, strong writers from a variety of majors who are specifically trained to hold scheduled one-on-one sessions with students. The writing program operates out of the Academic Success Center on the library’s third floor (see campus map).
Graduate Student Writing Kit
- Portland State University Writing Center
- University of Ottawa Student Academic Success Service
- How can I be my own best editor?
- How can I know the difference between a draft and a polished essay?
- How will my paper be graded (undergraduate)?
- How will my paper be graded (graduate)?
- What happens if I cheat on a paper?
- What if English is not my native language?
- How do I know which Writing Intensive (WI) courses are offered each year?