STEM & Scientific Research
Our options are not limited to the internships listed below. Organizations listed
reflect sites where WCSC has recently placed students or those that are currently
looking for interns. Please feel free to do your own research and do not hesitate
to contact WCSC for further opportunities.
Neural & Psychological Research
Health & Human Biology
- Georgetown University Histocompatibility Lab – lab research on kidney, liver and other tissues for organ donation compatibility.
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)– Leading health research organization.
- Highly competitive internships. Interested students should search the websites and
identify several researchers who they would like to work with. WCSC faculty can assist
students in making contacts. See all 27 Institutes and Centers.
- Fall and spring semesters only
- Smithsonian Museum of Natural History – Research institute and national museum containing the largest collection of natural
history specimens in the US. Works to preserve records of flora and fauna, and educate
- Past interns have worked with identifying and cataloguing the Smithsonian’s vast collection
of plant material.
Physics & Space
WCSC staff will work with engineering students to identify internship options that
fit their interests and specializations.