Applications & Financial Information
How to Apply
1. Fill out an Application Form. See the table below for upcoming terms and deadlines.
2. Have three references fill out Reference Forms
on your behalf. We ask for references from:
- an academic advisor
- a faculty, staff or non-family member (work supervisor, a leader at a place you volunteer, faith leader, etc.)
- a friend or other non-family member (Residence Advisor, Community Advisor, friend, mentor, etc.)
3. Complete an interview with WCSC staff.
- WCSC staff will reach out to schedule a 30 minute interview with you. This will likely be on campus at EMU, or over the phone if you are at Bethel College, Bluffton University, or Goshen College.
- Bring your resume to this interview if it's in person. Otherwise, be prepared to talk about your experiences over the phone.
4. Submit a resume using the following guidelines:
- The best online resources are resumegenius.com and zety.com.
- Preparing for interview
- How to write about your experience to make an impression on HR and the department
- Your career services department is a critical place to know! Beyond your resume, they
can connect you to internships, organizations, help you prepare for interviews, and
more. Take your resume to career services for a final polish before you send it to WCSC.
- If you are an EMU student, visit the career services website and visit Kimberly Phillips
- If you are a Bluffton student, visit the Center for Career and Vocation in the library
- If you are a Bethel student, visit Megan Kershner in Career Services, in the Administration Building Central Office. Visit the career services page for resources.
- Once you have had it looked over and made the appropriate updates to your resume, send a version in Google Docs (preferred) or Microsoft Word to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Terms and Deadlines
We are currently accepting applications for Fall 2020, Spring 2021, and Summer 2021.
Applications for further terms will become available in August 2020.
Program already full? You can still apply! We often accept students from the wait list.
|Terms||Program Dates||Application Status and Deadlines|
|August 31- December 18||Applications are open.
Priority deadline for admissions was February 1, 2020.
Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis.
|Spring 2021||January 11- May 7||
Applications are open.
Applications are open.
Cheaper than a semester on campus? Yes, it is possible!
For EMU students, WCSC tuition is the same as on-campus tuition, and is paid to EMU the same as any other semester. All scholarships and financial aid follow you to DC (with the exception of summer term) and you do not need to pay a cross-cultural fee. Furthermore, if you are workstudy eligible, work at a qualifying internship, and come to the WCSC during the fall or spring semester, you can receive workstudy as you would on campus for some of the hours you spend at your internship. Program events, transportation to and from internships, and textbooks are all provided by WCSC at no additional cost.
For students from other universities, tuition is paid through home universities. Your financial aid should carry over and WCSC does not charge any fees directly, but check with the cross-cultural & financial aid offices about costs that may apply. Program events, transportation to and from internships, and textbooks are all provided by WCSC at no additional cost.