Spring Break Y-Trips
Service, mission and learning with your peers.
Spring Break Y-Trips build friendships through serving others in locations across the east coast and the south. The cost for students is $150 ($250 for the Civil Rights Learning Tour) with $50 of this being non-refundable. Payment in full secures your place on a trip. Some scholarships are available.
Spring Break Y-Trips took place March 4-12.
2017 Y-Trip Locations
- “Civil Rights Tour” (visiting historic sites and learning centers from the southern Civil Rights Movement) with Multicultural and International Student Services, Gospel Choir, Y-Serve and Black Student Union.
- Laurelville Mennonite Church Center (work projects at a camp/retreat center near Pittsburgh) in Mt. Pleasant, Pennsylvania.
- Mennonite Disaster Service (responding in Christian love to those affected by disasters) in Lafayette, Louisiana. -FULL
- Sharing with Appalachian People (addressing sub-standard housing, sharing the message of God’s love and building relationships in eastern Kentucky and West Virginia) in Elkhorn, West Virginia.
Y-Trip Locations for 2018
- Jubilee Partners (a Christian service community raising their own food and working with refugee families)
in Comer, Georgia.
– Leaders: TBD
- “Alterna Community” (Love Crosses Borders – a Christian community comprised of U.S. citizens and immigrants
from Latin America) in LaGrange, Georgia.
– Leaders: TBD
Are you interested in leading a 2018 Spring Break Y-Trip?
Complete the Spring Break Y-Trip leader application form.