Over the previous three years, EMU has had 8 All-Americans in Track & Field and Cross Country, including five-time All-American Hannah Chappell-Dick and two-time All-American Connor Faint.
Track and Field Facility Renovation: Phase 1
The track has served EMU well for nearly 30 years, but is urgently in need of renovation to support our student athletes and exemplary coaching staff; and the robust enrollment growth goals that our coaching team envision during the next several years.
Phase I of the Track and Field Renovation will produce many benefits for EMU students and the program including:
- Impact large number of students through the athletic experience
- Host home college track meets which is not currently an option
- Increase diversity in student body
- Enable every athlete on the roster to compete
- Accommodate roster of 75+ student athletes
- Enhance enrollment and retention strategies of the university
- Increase recruiting capabilities through hosting high school events
- Combine individual achievement with team success
- Realize cost savings due to reduction of travel costs
- Host track and field camp events to support recruitment and revenues
Phase I of the project includes the complete renovation of the existing track and field, installation of high quality track with additional lanes to meet NCAA standards. Phase II of the project calls for the construction of a two-story facility adjacent to the track and baseball field to provide essential locker rooms, equipment storage, public restrooms, concessions as well as a hitting facility for the baseball program.
Cost estimates for Phase I and II of this major project are being finalized and will be posted at this website in the near future.