Crisis Management Preparedness Team (CMPT)
EMU’s Crisis Management Preparedness Team has been in operation since spring 2006, when President Loren Swartzendruber formed the group and tasked its members with creating a comprehensive crisis preparedness plan.
CMPT is one of several campus teams that are safety- and crisis-oriented. (See a diagram of those teams and their functions.)
CMPT meets monthly to review policies and safety plans, discuss crisis scenarios and drills, review communication plans, and process all things related to potential campus crises.
Especially for parents
EMU makes communication with parents of students top priority in the event of crises.
CMPT has overseen the implementation of a multi-functional emergency alert system which includes text messaging, email, website pages and nearly two hundred alert beacons located in rooms across the campus. More information about these systems can be found on the Information Systems HelpZone . Any current alerts will be shown on the ‘Alerts’ tab of myEMU .
Email individual team members or phone EMU student life offices at 540-432-4135.
- Ken L. Nafziger, chair, vice president for student life
- Bernadette Griffith, assistant for student life
- Mike Zucconi, news bureau director
- Pam Comer, counseling services
- Marcy Engle, human resources
- Ann Hershberger, nursing department (liaison)
- Eldon Kurtz, facilities management
- Dave Emswiler, campus safety
- Eric Codding, residence life
- Daryl Bert, vice president of finance
- Ben Beachy, information systems
- Margaret Upton, FNP, health services
- Andrea Schrock Wenger, marketing and communications
- Twila Yoder, president’s office