Crisis Management Preparedness Team (CMPT)
EMU’s Crisis Management Preparedness Team, one of several campus groups working on crisis prevention and preparation, regularly updates the comprehensive crisis preparedness plan. The team meets regularly to review policies and safety plans, discuss crisis scenarios and drills, and review communication plans.
Looking for updates on current events? We have a page for any current or on-going events on or off campus.
Especially for parents
EMU makes communication with parents of students top priority in the event of crises.
EMU uses a multi-functional emergency alert system which includes text messaging, email, website pages and nearly 200 alert beacons located across the campus. More information about these systems can be found on the Information Systems HelpZone. Current alerts appear on the ‘Alerts’ tab of myEMU.
Training and drills
CMPT regularly participates in table top exercises and drills. These include:
- training seminars for media personnel;
- observing drills hosted by local fire, police and rescue personnel;
- hosting law enforcement for on-campus training;
- joining nationwide webinars hosted by FEMA;
- hosting FEMA for on-campus training.
The CMPT also oversees required campus drills and training, including:
- building evacuation;
- lock-down situations such as active shooter training;
- the Great Southeast ShakeOut each fall;
- and the tornado preparedness drill each spring sponsored by the National Weather Service.