All international persons coming to the U.S. to attend SPI will need to carry a valid passport and have a valid visa (unless your country participates in the U.S. Visa Waiver program).

Participants needing visas will want to apply for either a B-1 Business/Visitor visa or a J-1 exchange visitor visa.

Obtaining a visa may take many months. Please start the visa application process as soon as possible after being accepted into SPI. To check requirements, please consult the US State Department’s visa webpage.

If you are traveling on a J-1 visa you will note that the beginning and ending dates on the visa correspond with the beginning and ending dates of your first and last class session. Please note that with a J-1 visa you can arrive in the US up to 30 days prior to the beginning date listed and do not have to leave the country on the ending date. You have up to 30 days after the ending date on your visa to leave the country.

However, if you are traveling on a B-1 visa you must leave the country by the ending date listed on your visa or you will be in violation of your visa.

Please contact with any visa questions or clarifications.

Zehr Institute Webinars


  • Loading...