Building Communities (569)
Discuss how community building programs and community development projects are influenced and affected by existing dimensions within communities:
- Assets and networks in communities that can be built on to accomplish desired change;
- Formal and informal economic networks; and
- Spiritual dimensions and resources that a community can draw from for resilience.
Participants will be introduced to several practical and theoretical frameworks, including:
- Asset-Based Community Development (ABCD)
- Network Weaving
- Narrative as a community building / community organizing tool
- Collective Impacts.
Efforts will be made to identify a local/regional community development project that participants will visit and evaluate. International participants should come prepared with case studies of community development projects they are familiar with to present and compare with projects in North America.